- Boarding Admissions
- Day Student Admissions
- Virtual Program Admissions
- Request Info
- Admissions Documents
- Campus Information
- Admission Philosophy
Applying to Houghton Academy
Admission to Houghton Academy is based on your completed application.
Each application requires supporting documentation. Upon receipt of a completed application, our Admissions Committee reviews each application and makes a decision.
The steps to admission are:
- Visit School (Not required, but very important)
- Obtain an application from the school or from our website. We also accept the SSAT application and the TABS application.
- Complete and return your parts of the application. The boarding student application fee is $100 and may be paid via cash, check, or money order. Houghton Academy does not accept credit cards.
- Request school records from your current school.
- Ask your teachers to complete and return our recommendations. They may elect to write a letter in lieu of using our form.
- After reviewing your complete application, we will contact you to schedule an interview if you appear to be a good match for our program. Skype interviews are acceptable when face-to-face interviews are not possible.
Four easy ways to apply:
- Houghton Academy Application for Admission
- SSAT application
- TABS application
- Houghton Academy Application (to print and return)
After your application is approved for admission:
- We will send you an enrollment contract to sign and return.
- You should pay a $3,500 deposit (all but $500 refundable if visa is denied).
- International students will receive their I-20 and will need to contact the appropriate US Embassy or Consulate to schedule an interview for an F-1 student visa.
*After acceptance but before enrollment, approved candidates should return a completed medical form which requires an exam by a doctor.