Did you know your employer may actually match the gift you give to Houghton Academy dollar for dollar? Many businesses — from large corporations to regional start-ups — have matching gift programs to encourage employees to donate money to the charity of their choice.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit secondary educational institution, Houghton Academy is eligible to receive donations from many matching gift programs. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Make your contribution to Houghton Academy by cash, check, credit card, or debit card.
2) Check with your employer's Human Resources or accounting department to see if your company has a matching gift program. If they do, they will either provide you with a matching gift form or give you instructions on how to submit a request online.
3) The matching gift form may require Houghton Academy's tax ID (EIN) number. Our number is: 16-0838072.
4) If your employer has a printed application form, fill out your part of the application and send it with your donation or online gift confirmation to:
Attn: Office of Advancement
9790 Thayer Street
Houghton, NY 14744
5) If your employer has an online application, simply follow the instructions from your employer to enroll in their matching gift program. If the company requires an email address as a part of the online application, please use the email address of the Houghton Academy Advancement Director: email@example.com.